|A change from porridge!|
Hello, hello! It has been a very long time since I've actually posted any thing on here. I didn't realise how long until just now. I went on holiday to Japan to visit a friend back in March, hence no posts, and since then I've been baking old recipes.
So today, a new post! I generally eat porridge for breakfast every day. Today I wanted a little change. So I wondered if porridge could be turned in to waffles...IT CAN! Just blend up the oats and use instead of flour. Bada-bing. This recipe serves two people, making 3 wee ones or 2 larger ones each.
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
100 ml skimmed milk
1 medium egg
1 tsp (low fat - what I had) butter
few drops vanilla extract
low fat natural yogurt
- plug in your waffle iron and set to medium-hot
- using a hand blender, whizz up the oats to a fine powder. Add in all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- melt the butter in a measuring jug in the microwave. Add in the milk, egg and vanilla and whisk. Pour this on to the oaty stuff.
- whisk together
- spoon a 1/6 (for small sized) of the batter on to the iron, close the lid and cook!
- repeat and serve with banana, some yogurt and a little more cinnamon!
|Just as good for you as a bowl of porridge - but stacked. Bernard Black would be proud.|